Tuesday, December 18, 2012

HOW TO DETECT WRITING CONTRACTORS (SCAMMERS) AS A FREELANCE WRITER


Don’t blame yourself for falling victim because these are things that are likely to come your way as a freelance writer (who is just starting out).
 It doesn’t matter if you fall victim or not. What matters is are you ready to continue your job after this experience?. You must know that in life, it’s not where we are at the moment, but where we are going. Your confidence and determination to continue until you achieve success is what determines if you’re fit for the game or not.
I was a victim
Two years back when I first started out a freelance
writer, I was scammed about 14 times. In fact there was a writing contractor ( a fraudster) who scammed me of over $3,000 worth of articles. How did that happened? What was I thinking that the guy scammed me of such huge sum ?

 Let me tell you something, scam doesn’t have anything to do with your mental prowess or ability. It has to do with the inner sense- your psychological antennae.

I sense your desire and fear. Don’t be afraid because these scamming devils are not wise; they are BIG TIME fools! Pardon me for using that abusive word, but they’re not nice anyway…
In this article, I’m going to share with you practical tips on how to detect fake freelance writing contractors/
Learn to negotiate before starting a project.

Never bounce on a project without negotiating with the writing contractor. Ask him to pay upfront and if he doesn’t, there’s a skeleton in his cupboard. The mistake I made when I first started out was that I never negotiated price before i started (I was so eager and full of passion to make money quickly because the writing project was worth thousands of dollars).

Negotiation is the heart of any business. Let him know your rules in business, tell him how you run your job and that you don’t start any project unless upfront payment is made.
Catch him from his words…
Do you have a client who likes making promises with making an attempt to fulfil it? ‘’I will pay you 50$ per article, do 15 first and I will wire the cash into your bank account’’ or ‘’ I don’t use PayPal or Payza; my PayPal account is limited and I can only wire the cash to your account after seven days’’. Hahaha…  beware, He is a FRAUDSTER!
 If you ever meet this kind of clients, please stay away-don’t do their job.
Study your clients through the words of their mouth. Does he tell you something and never tries his best to make it work out? Please, if you like yourself, stay away from this kind of people. Business is not run on promises; business is controlled by immediate actions.
Don’t let him push you…
Never let any freelance client push you. If you have a client that says you should submit 20 articles without upfront payment, don’t submit all! If he demands the job you did, submit only half and see if he makes payment.
If he pays you for the first set, fine! If he doesn’t, your sweat is not in vain because you can sell the articles on your blog or forum.
Don’t sound unprofessional…
The main reason so  many freelance writers get scammed online is because they introduce themselves as first-timers in the freelancing biz. Never do that! Writing clients will take advantage of you, and you may get SCAMMED!
I wrote this article based on the experience I encountered when I first started out as a freelance writer. If you think there’s anything I should have added to make this post more informative, please let me know.let me know what you think.

No comments :

Post a Comment